Sunday, July 7, 2013

36

Yesterday, my best friend married the love of her life. It was a beautiful day full of Jesus. The bride was stunning as she and her father made their way down the gently sloping lawn under the natural cathedral of trees towards the flower draped arbor where the groom awaited. The ceremony was moving and everyone cried. We took plenty of pictures and smiled till our faces hurt. It was a lovely celebration of marriage and the beautiful picture it paints of Christ and the church. I'm so happy for her and so proud!

As she embarks on the adventure of life with her new husband, I'm embarking on a different sort of adventure. In about 36 hours, I depart for Cambodia. Wow. That snuck up on me! I can hardly believe i'm leaving in less than two days. yikes!

While the logistical end of the trip is pretty much set, I feel completely unprepared otherwise. My heart is very willing and I am still very excited about this opportunity. But I don't feel ready. My emotions are drained, my body is weary, and my mind is cluttered. But it's never been about me. And the Lord is faithful to remind me of that fact :) It's ok if I don't know all there is to know about Cambodia, about it's people, or about it's history. What better way to learn than by going? It's ok that I have no clue how best to love and minister to those affected by sex trafficking. What better way to learn than by doing?

I'm so encouraged by my friends already in Cambodia, by hearing their stories of the challenges and the blessings the Lord has gifted them with during their time with HPC. I can hardly wait to join them, no matter how unprepared I feel. It's all about Jesus and it's going to be so very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment